Delhi . Allahabad . Varanasi . Simikot
It’s the world’s biggest festival. It’s so huge, that it‘s even visible from space — a gathering of over a 100 million people becoming a single mass: the Kumbh Mela.
Mystical Journeys travels to the ancient city of Prayag (Allahabad) in Uttar Pradesh & setting up a luxurious camp site and brings for you the colors of Kumbh from the banks of triveni means, The ganga, Yamuna and the ancient Saraswati, where the fair is being celebrated in the year 2019.
We shall take you to the epicenter of the festival, & show you how various events unfolded. We will tell you the stories beneath the story of what meets the eye — sadhus you’ve never heard of, fantastic rituals and acts of worship of both, the creation and the creator. Some claim to have stood on a leg for decades, others live with an arm raised above their head as a form of tapasya. Stories of gods who need a booze-anointing and incense stick which is half the size of the QutbMinar.
The Kumbh Mela is not just about religion, mantras, sadhus, spiritual baths in sacred a river, which supposedly washes away sins to give you a fresh start. To a few it might almost seem like a holy water amusement park with loud music, street dances, endless array of colors, and mouthwatering food. It in fact is a mela after all.
Day Wise Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival Delhi - Allahabad (Kumbh Mela Camp)
- Day 02: Allahabad (Kumbh Mela camp)
- Day 03: Allahabad (Bathing Date)
- Day 04: Allahabad (Kumbh Mela camp)
- Day 05: Drive.. Allahabad – Varanasi
- Day 06: Varanasi Sightseeing
- Day 07: Varanasi – Delhi
- Day 08: Fly… Delhi Departure… (Tour Terminates/Join the Post Trip)
Arrival at Delhi airport, our representative will meet you and board the flight for Varanasi/Allahabad. When we arrival, we will head towards Allahabad & check-in to our camp and feel oneself again. In evening we will have our first experience of Kumbh Mela together.
Flight: Delhi - Varanasi/Allahabad
After breakfast whole day is scheduled for exploring Kumbh Mela and performing Pooja, Yagya and for offering our prayers. In evening we will attend the one of the evening Aarti (fire offering ritual) on the bank of River. Aarti starts with the chanting of hymns and prayers in the praise of the Holy River Ganges and is considered the most holy river in India.
After breakfast at camp, we will start our day with an auspicious bath at Allahabad Sangam to sanctify our self. Rest of the day we will explore the Kumbh Mela site and visit the different Akharas of sadhus and saints who participate in Kumbh Mela, here we have the opportunity to meet/interact with saints (Subject to availability).
After breakfast we will follow the same schedule to explore Kumbh Mela and performing Pooja, Yagya and offers prayers. In evening we will attend the one of the evening Aarti (fire offering ritual) on the bank of River.
After breakfast, we will proceed for Varanasi by car/bus. Reach Varanasi and check-in to hotel. Varanasi is considered as one of the oldest city in the world. According to the Hindu mythology, city was founded by Lord Shiva. Varanasi is still called ‘The City of Shiva’; and devotion to Shiva can be seen in the city abundantly. In evening we will experience the spectacular Aarti (fire offering) at the bank of the holy river Ganga.
Early morning, we will enjoy an early morning boat ride on holy River Ganges to bask in the beauty of sunrise and later on visit the one of temples dedicated to Lord Shiva and is one of twelve Jyotirlingams called Kashi Vishwanath Temple and later return to hotel for breakfast. After that we will the visit Sarnath – a Buddhist pilgrimage site where Lord Buddha has given his 1st sermon.
Varanasi is one of the most ancient cities for learning. This was a place where hundreds of enlightened beings lived at a time and would have an encounter with them on every street.
After breakfast, you will transfer to Varanasi airport to board the flight for Delhi, when we arrive, transfer to the hotel. In evening we will visit to one of very auspicious temple of Delhi or browse the local market.
Flight: Varanasi – Delhi.
After breakfast, you will transfer to Delhi international airport to board the flight for onward destination..
Dates & Prices
If a month says Not Available (N/A), we do not offer the trip during this time. If single space availability is zero for your desired travel month, give us a call and our Travel Counselors will work with you to find available space.
KUMBH MELA HIGHLIGHTS
- Maha Kumbh - Considered the most sacred of Hindu pilgrimages, is the largest gathering of people for a religious purpose in the World.
- Magnificent Saints and Yogis from the Himalayas make rare presence at this festival as it is believed that there is powerful planetary alignment during this period where there is confluence of Ganges, Yamuna and mythical Saraswati rivers. The water is positively charged and have healing effects.
- The radiant holy Saints and Yogis come from Himalayan caves once in12 years to bless the people.
- The most important event is the ritual bath in the holy water.
- Belief is that by taking a bath in the sacred water, one gets free from their past sins and get rid of evil.
- Hundreds of people come not just to visit but also to see the holy men and seek their blessings.
- Also the devout strongly believe that the ritual bath on the auspicious days helps them attain Moksha ( liberation from the cycle of Life and Death)